What are the early signs and symptoms of liver cancer you should know?
Symptoms and Signs of Liver Cancer
Like with most cancer types, liver cancer symptoms do not appear right away. This is the reason, getting an early diagnosis is essential. Bear in mind, there are no routine screening tests that are developed for liver cancer. Consult the best liver doctors in Punjab, to understand what you need to do. Liver Hospital in Ludhiana, will help you understand the right treatment approach you need to follow.
Do you know?
The National Cancer Center suggests the patient get ultrasound & blood tests every 6 to 12 months, especially for people with a high risk of liver cancer.
Early warning signs of liver cancer
Liver cancer symptoms are different with every person and one of these symptoms is caused by other conditions. Some common early warning signs of liver cancer are mentioned below:
- Pain in the right side of the upper abdomen or right shoulder blade.
- The enlarged liver felt like a mass under the right side of the ribs.
- Abdomen bloating or abdominal swelling which results in mass development.
- Jaundice makes the skin and eye when the liver function is not right.
Additional signs and symptoms which you will notice are:
- Sudden weight loss and is not due to the changes you make in your diet
- The appetite level is reduced and you feel full after having a small meal.
- Fever which is not linked to other health issues
- Fatigue is persistent and you feel ongoing fatigue or weakness.
- Enlarged spleen which is felt as a mass under the left side of the ribs.
There are several symptoms linked to liver tumors which are the same as that of you with different types of benign liver diseases or infections. The patient diagnosed with liver cancer will have different symptoms and they will evolve with time and get worse as the tumor grows or the problem is increased. Make sure to consult the doctor on time to get the diagnosis and the doctor will tell you about the possible treatment you need to have.
Sometimes, other health issues are triggered due to liver cancer and this is noticed when the patient is at an early stage of liver cancer. In some cases, the symptoms are triggered in other body parts, and in medical terms, it is known as paraneoplastic syndrome. If you understand these symptoms, then it will be easier to diagnose cancer. Some of the notable signs which you notice with liver cancer are mentioned below:
- Hypercalcemia: High blood calcium levels
- Hypercholesterolemia: High cholesterol levels
- Gynecomastia: Breast enlargement
- Hypoglycemia: Low blood sugar levels
- Erythrocytosis: High red blood cell count
- Shrinking of testicles in men