Gastroenterologists in Ludhiana, Punjab | Dr. Hardev Ramandeep Singh Girn (Raman)
- MBBS, MRCS, MD, FRCS, CCT (UK)
- Hepatobiliary and Liver Transplant Surgeon
- Head of Department in Gastrointestinal Cancer Surgery and Liver Sciences at SPS Hospital Ludhiana
- Gastro doctor in Ludhiana, Liver failure and cirrhosis, Liver Transplant, Liver and pancreas cancer, Pancreatitis and Pancreas necrosis, Gall bladder and bile duct cancer surgery, Liver trauma, Shunt surgeries for portal hypertension, Complex gall bladder surgery.
- Experience of over 4000 hepatobiliary surgeries, pancreatic surgeries, and liver transplants in UK and India
- Started minimally invasive and single port necrosectomy in Punjab
- First presented case of acute splenorenal shunt and Hepaticojejunostomy for massive bleeding with cholangitis in Extra Hepatic Portal Vein Obstruction (EHPVO)
- First centre in Punjab to do extended liver resections for liver cancer patients using liver augmentation strategies and ALPPS
- First cadaveric liver transplant in state of Punjab
Having finished his under graduation (MBBS), Dr Girn went to UK for surgical training and specialisation. He finished his general surgical training under the auspices of Yorkshire School of Surgery and was awarded MRCS (Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh) in 2005. Following this he undertook a period of research for 2 years whilst working as research registrar in Leeds Vascular Institute, Leeds, UK and was awarded MD by School of Medicine, University of Leeds. His main field of interest was reperfusion injury and he published numerous publications relating to reperfusion injury mechanisms during this period.
With good foundations in General and Vascular Surgery, Dr Girn was selected for 6 year specialist higher surgical training in Yorkshire deanery, UK, in 2007. During this period he trained in Upper GI and Colorectal surgery with general surgical acute on call for first 2 years and final 4 years were spent training in all aspects of Liver and renal transplantation, and hepatopancreatobiliary surgery at St James University Hospital, Leeds, UK which is high volume tertiary care referral center for transplant and HPB cancer surgery. He was awarded his FRCS (Intercollegiate FRCS in Transplant Surgery) from Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh in 2013.
He joined Dayanand Medical College and Hospital (DMCH) in October 2013 as Specialist Liver Surgeon with special interests in Liver and multivisceral abdominal transplant, Liver trauma, Liver cancer surgery and pancreatic surgery. His main aim was to lead the drive for cadaveric and live donor liver transplant surgery in Punjab and North India. He has 14 year experience in UK. In February 2019 Dr.Girn move to SPS Hospital Ludhiana as Head of department of Gastrointestinal Surgery and Liver Science Department. Now he is serving the patients with his treatment and experience who visit him from far and wide. He is the best Liver Surgeon and Liver transplant specialist in Ludhiana, Punjab.
The process is simple
We at Liver transplant India are ‘Dedicated to Discovery and committed to patient’s care’. With our esteemed doctors, you can discuss your condition and what all symptoms you’re experiencing. It is important to talk about it, which helps to offer a customized treatment plan.