Best Doctor for Jaundice Treatment in Ludhiana, Punjab
What is Obstructive Jaundice?
Best Doctor for Jaundice Treatment in Ludhiana, Punjab, Obstructive jaundice is the condition when there is bile flow does not in the liver due to blockage. This situation results in excess bile redirection and the by-product into the blood is not the way it needs to be.
One of the by-products is bilirubin which comes from the dead red blood cells. It is yellow and it looks like the person has jaundice in the eyes, skin, and mucous membrane. The patient can have symptoms like pain, fever, and yellow eyes.
Along with blockage, there are increased chances of inflammation, pancreatic cancer, trauma, and tumors, structural abnormality, and bile duct gets narrowed down.
However, sometimes the patient does not have any symptoms and if it is there for a long time then the person has severe abdominal pain, vomiting, nausea, and fever. There are increased chances of blockage, increased risk of infection in the liver, and gallbladder damage.
Undergoing clinical evaluation
It is important to undergo clinical evaluation so that the main reason behind jaundice can be found. Obstructive jaundice can be treated with antibiotics, intravenous fluid, and surgical removal can also help. If you notice serious symptoms like severe abdominal pain, abdominal swelling, high fever, and nausea then make sure to consult the doctor right away.
Symptom of obstructive jaundice
Obstructive jaundice can cause any of the following symptoms, and in some cases, they can be extremely severe:
- Abdominal pain (typically occurs in the right upper quadrant of the body)
- Dark-colored urine
- Loss of appetite
- Malaise or lethargy
- Pale stools
- Easy bleeding or bruising
- Unintentional weight loss
- Fever and chills
- Itchy skin
- Yellow coloration of the eyes and skin
What are the symptoms which indicate life-threatening problems?
Some of the patients with this condition are at increased risk so getting medical care becomes important. If you notice any of the following symptoms then make sure to consult the doctor:
- Abdominal swelling, distension, and bloating
- Nausea with or without vomiting
- Severe abdominal pain
- High fever (higher than 101 degrees Fahrenheit)
Causes of obstructive jaundice
This condition results in bile blockage from the liver. One of the by-products is bilirubin in bile which shows that the patient has the appearance of jaundice. One of the most common reasons for obstructive jaundice in the gallstone occurrence. Some of the other causes are cysts, trauma, tumors, and duct inflammation. Additional causes are:
- Biliary stricture (narrowing of the bile duct)
- Gallbladder or pancreas cancer.
- Cholangitis (infection or inflammation of the common bile duct)
- Cholelithiasis (gallstones)
- Congenital structural defects
- Parasitic infection
- Cysts of the bile duct
- Lymph node enlargement
- Trauma, including surgical complications
Treatment for obstructive jaundice
- Antibiotic therapy for infection
- Endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography (ERCP) to treat bile duct problems, including gallstone removal which results in obstruction
- Nutritional support
- Treatment for cancer, if present, include surgery, chemotherapy, or radiation therapy
- Surgery or other procedures to repair anatomical defects or create alternative pathways for the flow of bile
- Intravenous fluids and pain medications
- Liver Transplantation.
Getting in Touch is easy
Fill out our enquiry form, we will get back you shortly.