Bile Duct Diseases Treatment in Ludhiana, Punjab
Bile Duct Diseases
What are bile duct diseases?
Bile Duct Diseases Treatment in Ludhiana, Punjab, The gallbladder stores bile till the time you eat and then bile is released into the small intestine which helps in digesting food. In the liver, bile is made and contains different products like salts, bile acids, bilirubin, and cholesterol.
Blocked bile ducts occur due to gallstone. Stones are formed in the gallbladder and block the bile duct. Which is present at the liver base. Chances of infection increase with the liver blockage. If the gallstone stops between the bile duct and gallbladder, then the patient can get cholecystitis. Some of the less common reasons for blockage are:
- Infection, inflammation, or surgery can result in a scar that narrows down the duct.
- Bile duct cancer.
What are the symptoms of bile duct diseases?
Some of the symptoms which indicate bile duct problem are:
- Biliary infection
- Gallstone formation
There are high chances that bile duct diseases do not result in any symptoms but its presence will be still there.
What causes bile duct disease?
One of the major and common reasons behind bile duct diseases is when the immune system of the body starts attacking its healthy cells.
What are the possible risk factors of bile duct diseases?
The following factors may increase the likelihood of Bile Duct Diseases:
- Caroli syndrome
- Primary sclerosing cholangitis
- Liver flukes
- Choledochal cyst
How bile disease is prevented?
The bile duct disease can be prevented. Some of the steps are given to prevent this condition from occurring:
- Avoid alcohol consumption
- Stay away from the use of hazardous chemicals
- You need to drink only purified water because places have an increased chance of liver flukes.
How common is the bile duct disease?
Prevalence of bile duct diseases
The chance of occurrence of this problem in the world is around 50K to 500K cases.
The occurrence of bile duct disease is common at any age.
Bile duct disease can occur in men and women.
How bile duct disease is diagnosed?
Procedures and lab test for bile duct diseases
- Alkaline phosphatase test The problem of blocked bile ducts can be detected.
- Bilirubin Test This test will help in checking the bilirubin levels in the blood.
- Endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography The problem of the bile and pancreatitis ducts can be diagnosed.
- Gamma-glutamyltransferase test The gamma-glutamyl test helps in checking the alkaline phosphatase level in the body.
- Cholescintigraphy This test is used to check the bile ducts, gallbladder, or liver problem in the body.
- Endoscopic ultrasonography The endoscopic ultrasonography is used in examining the stomach lining & esophageal.
The bile duct diseases are diagnosed by specialists like oncologists and gastroenterologists.
Are there any complications involved with bile duct diseases?
If the problem is not treated at the right time then it can result in complications. Some of the problems which can arise if the problem is left untreated are:
- Biliary sepsis
- Liver failure
- May be fatal
- The heart, lungs, kidneys, or other organs can get damaged.
What is the procedure to treat bile duct diseases?
Some of the conditions which can be used to treat the bile duct diseases are:
- Surgery The surgical procedure aims to remove the gallstone blockage.
- Endoscopic or percutaneous dilation Endoscopic dilation is the treatment where a tube is placed to allow drainage
- Liver transplant The patient with hilar cholangiocarcinoma can get benefit from the liver transplant.
- Photodynamic therapy With this option, laser light is used on the cancer cells which allows them to destroy them.
- Biliary drainageBiliary drainage is used to restore the bile flow with the bypass surgery.
- Chemotherapy Chemotherapy is used to kill the cancer cells in the body.
- Radiation therapy With radiation therapy, high-energy sources can destroy the cancer cells
Getting in Touch is easy
Fill out our enquiry form, we will get back you shortly.