What are the causes and symptoms of liver failure? How is it diagnosed?
Whenever the liver is unable to perform its function, then that situation comes to be known as a Liver failure. According to the expert liver doctors in Punjab, one should immediately visit a liver hospital in Ludhiana to get detected with the problem at the earliest so that it could be treated with less invasive methods.
What are the predominant functions of the Liver?
Following are the functions which are performed by the liver:
- The liver is accountable for making the proteins that help in the following:
- Clotting the blood
- Transporting oxygen
- Boosting the immune system
- The liver produces bile which aids in the digestion of food.
- It is accountable for assisting the body in the storage of glucose.
- The only liver is the organ that checks the entry of the harmful or toxic substances in the body.
- Saturated fat is used to get broken only with the help of the liver. Besides, the whole credit of the generation of cholesterol goes to the liver.
Causes of liver diseases
Liver diseases are caused by the following:
- If any person is affiliated with any kind of viral infections like hepatitis B, then he or she is sure to get diagnosed with liver disease.
- If an individual is in the habit of constantly taking unprescribed medications, then it can cause a problem for the liver.
- Any kind of metabolic or vascular diseases in the form of Wilson disease or autoimmune disorders, then it is high time that you should visit a liver specialist.
Symptoms of LIver diseases
- Following are the preponderant symptoms of liver diseases:
- Extreme tiredness
- Feeling exhausted every time
- Feeling full even after not have eaten anything
- Blood in vomiting
- Blood in stool
As soon as the liver failure approaches the ultimate stage, the symptoms also start becoming severe like:
- Feeling extremely exhausted
- Mind problems like unable to be decisive or remaining confused all the time
- Fluid build up in the abdomen
The liver diseases are diagnosed by the liver specialist keeping in mind all the symptoms that the patient is facing, the medical history of the patient and the blood tests, urine tests which are always accompanied with abdominal imaging.
Many people are concerned about the complications which are related to liver diseases. So it is relevant to mention here that no matter which kind of liver disease you are oppressed with whether it is chronic or acute, you will have to get it treated at the earliest stage otherwise the most preponderant complication which it results in is death.
Preventive measures for the liver
If the individual wants to prevent being oppressed with serious liver problems then he should:
- Avoid smoking and alcohol
- Following a healthy lifestyle
Who can get afflicted with liver problems?
Following people can get afflicted with liver problems:
- Those who do not have gotten vaccinated
- Those who drink in excess
- Medical history of diseases
In the case of the emergence of any symptoms, you should not neglect to visit a liver specialist doctor.