What all do you need to know about the affordable liver cancer surgery cost in India?
Liver cancer surgery cost
The cost of liver cancer treatment in India is affordable as compared to the US or other developed countries. The treatment cost in the liver hospital in Ludhiana can vary according to the patient’s condition and diagnosis.
Given below are the various factors which decides how much will be the price of liver cancer treatment.
- Treatment method
First of all, the doctor will understand what type of treatment method you need to get. For that, your condition will be checked and then it is determined what can work effectively for your situation.
- Type of surgery
The doctor will determine what type of surgery you need to get so that your problem can be controlled. In some cases, the first surgery is given and then other treatment options are suggested.
- Additional treatment
While getting the treatment you need to get additional treatment. This is done so that your overall condition is improved. It can also be suggested if the problem is severe.
- Further investigation and evaluation
If your condition is slightly different or there is an unusual case, then your doctor will do further evaluation. If that is the case, then the cost of the treatment may vary as compared to other patients.
- Hospital fee
The hospital you are choosing will also make a difference in the treatment cost. Always make sure that the hospital you are choosing has an experienced and renowned doctor. No doubt, the cost might vary but the successful results will make a difference to benefit your overall health.
- Room category
The room you are going to stay in will have different costs as this will be added to the treatment plan you are going to get.
The variation in the above cost is dependent on the following
- Type of the hospital (Government, Trust, or Private)
- Use of insurance or self-paid.
- Experienced facility
- Expertise, reputation, and brand value of the doctor.
Insight about liver cancer
Risk Factors for liver cancer
- Chronic infection with HBV or HCV
- Liver diseases (Inherited)
- Excessive alcohol consumption\
- Vinyl chloride and thorium dioxide
- Exposure to aflatoxins
- Age (people over 60 are at increased risk of liver cancer)
- Gender, men are twice as likely to get liver cancer than women
- Anabolic steroids
- Tobacco use
- Infection with parasites
Symptoms of Liver cancer
- Pain in the upper abdomen on the right side, which reaches the back and shoulders.
- Yellow skin and eyes and dark urine from jaundice
- Weight loss without doing anything
- Swollen abdomen
- Weakness or feeling very tired
- Loss of appetite and feelings of fullness
- Nausea and vomiting
The treatment plan will depend on how much cancer has spread and the overall health of the liver. In case, the liver has spread beyond the liver then the tissues play an essential part in treating your condition, During the entire treatment.